Saturday, November 27, 2010

HORDES.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

first band feature is a band from my hometown of San Bernardino, CA. they are called HORDES. they recently played their first show. think of Eyehategod, Heresey and His Hero is Gone. pissed and dark. im not the biggest expert of this darker genre of hardcore, i think when i listen to these dudes i hear things that range from Integrity, Cursed etc. fuck labels. the following was with two good friends of mine. Jacob and Derek. im new to this so bear with me.

ATW: who are you and what do you do in Hordes?

Jacob: I am Jacob. I'm the spokesperson/lyricist.

Derek: My name is Derek I bring the thunder! Which means I play bass

ATW: 5 bands that personally inspire you?

Jacob: Integrity, State of Fear, Napalm Death, AFI, & anything Danzig related.

Derek: Each person in the band has a different genre of music or band that they drawn influence from so for me 5 bands I would say that influence me would be integrity cursed from ashes rise tragedy disfear
I'd say one band we all agree on as an influence would be from ashes rise

ATW: what are some bands your into that people might be surprised from considering your style?

Jacob: Really, there's nothing surprising. I'm almost positive I'm known as the AFI guy in the hardcore community. I'm a huge Beatles fan. Bjork is great. 70's post punk is a big part of my life as well as the 80's dark wave movement. & Duncan Sheik. Wonderful artist.

Derek: i'm into hip hop recently started becoming heavy into that. New kid cudi is awesome. That's kind of typical so I'll say frank sinatra I love Frank Sinatra amazing music.

ATW: You just played your first show. whats next?

Jacob: We have some shows in the works. Other than that we just plan on writing music that makes people uncomfortable.

Derek: More shows, new songs, hopefully a 7in in the future

there you have it.

below is HORDE's first show. filmed last night actually. enjoy!


please check out HORDE's at: www.hordeshc.wordpress.com
and if you are into them, check out and downloaded the demo here.

No comments:

Post a Comment